Sunday, May 22, 2011

I Did It and I’m……..


Still ALIVE!!!! I ran my 1st 5K in 40 mins on the dot. I know! I know! I need to improve but, that was my goal, to run it in 40mins. Oh, and to not come in last. I am definitely going to run another one in July. I am going to start the C25K program on Tuesday starting from Week 1. Thank you Ro, Haneefa and Josie for the feedback, I took your advice and made it through. So, Thank you! Thank you! Thank you sooooo Much! For real!!!



Photobucket

So, let me tell you the details….1st thing, I tried to get in bed early last night, which I did (at 7pm) can you say “Too Dang on Early?” I was up reading Blogs & watching Vlogs (Thanks Ro for the entertainment you are so Funny, had me cracking up). I fell back to sleep at 1:15am. Got up at 5am & was out the door at 5:45pm. The race was in Jersey about a 2 hr drive. I make it way ahead of time and had to use the bathroom baaaad! The school was locked. So, I drove over to the park and thank goodness the bathroom was unlocked. After taking care of business guess who comes peeking his Ugly ol head? Um Humm….T.O.M. Just great, my 1st 5K, shin pains and now T.O.M.

T.O.M. was here but, he didn’t stop my flow. I did my thing anyways. But wait here’s the Best part of T.O.M. being here. I weighed in and hadn’t gained any weight and my stomach wasn’t bloated. I actually look good around the middle. (Still have a long way to go but, getting there) So, I can’t wait until he’s gone so I can weigh in….I hear a loss coming on. Well at least I hope.

After the race I went to Whole Foods. Mind you, I’m not a regular shopper at Whole Foods because, I don’t have one near by. But, being that I was in Jersey I stopped in. Can I ask you all what do you buy in there? Like what are things to buy in Whole Foods that you don’t get in other stores? Please share because, I was in there looking at stuff with the “WTF” look on my face and it didn’t help that that ish is so expensive. So, I didn’t want to be picking up stuff just because. I ended up getting some green tea, Jasmine Rice, sweet potato fries and some fresh baked bread. I don’t know why because, I rarely eat bread…. I guess because that was the only thing on sale. Ya’ll Holla at me because. I really wanna hear your feed back.

I hope you all are having a great weekend. Keep on Pushing!


P.S. I want to thank my new readers for joining me on this crazy weight loss journey of mine. I see you!! 

Photobucket


4 comments:

Thirteenlbs said...

Yay and congrats on your first 5k! I will be following suit!

Mitzi said...

Congrats on completing your first 5k!!!! I've never been in a Whole Foods, but I've heard many people call it Whole Paycheck, lol!

Ro said...

yayyy!!!
40 MINS HELL THAT’S GOOD MY TIME WAS LIKE 44 MINUTES...way to go!!
Glad I could entertain you..lol :-)

I love Whole foods...fro specialty items ONLY. I wish I would do all my shopping there I’d be living under a bridge.
I get my honey from there, PB, some vegan /tofu items that are made locally. the salad bar and olive bar both make my heart flutter...
Oh and baked pita chips. DEELISH!
I browse to see what’s new etc...
I always look in the deals paper and use the coupons and see what’s on sale.
HTH.
Have a great Monday

MissHaneefa said...

WAY TO GO! You can only get better from here.