Monday, March 1, 2010

Shredding Results for Level 2 and Level 3 + Weekend Fun!!!!!

I just want to thank the support system I have over at Myfitnesspal.com this group has been so supportive to me and without it I don’t think I would have made it this far. So, Thank you!!!

So, yes! I have been seriously slipping in keeping my Blog updated but, I assure you that I am still Shredding and on track. Friday, I moved on to Level 3 of Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred. I watched it on Thursday and knew I was in for a serious butt kicking. To me that’s fine and I welcome the whipp’n with open arms because, with this woman I have seen more results in 20 days than I’ve ever seen with any other 30 to 60 day workout programs. Yes, it does include eating clean and yes, it does include sticking to it and I have done just that. Okay now to the juicy stuff. Have I met my goals? What are my results from Level 2?

My goals before ending Level 2:

1- Do at least 1 set of the walking push-ups (regularly) – Done (I was able to do both sets w/o stopping)

2- Keep going without breaking – Failed—Plank Jacks & Plank twist still kick my butt but, I am happy to admit that I was able to get through the cardio w/o stopping for breaks) J

3- Not doing any modified moves- Okay, I don’t know if I should say “Done” or “Fail” here b/c there were two moves called squat thrust and double jump rope, I had no intentions on doing them the regular way. The impact from those moves are too much for my knees. So, I had already X’d them out in my mind.
I will say Failed b/c I didn’t note the change in goals. I’m cool with that because, I will revisit this workout again and I will conquer.

Here are my results:

My measurements when I started Level 1 on Feb 1st,  Level1 End Results and my current measurements are listed below:

                            Day1:               End Level 1:      End Level 2:

Weight:                  198.4                     194                 189.6       
Body Fat%                 41.5%                   39.1%              37.9%
Waist-                      39                       37.5                37
Stomach-                  42                       41.5                40.5
Thighs-                     27                       26.5                25
Hips-                        45                       43.5                43
Chest-                      41.5                    41                   40.5


OH YEAH 3.6% Body Fat…..GONE…Don’t want to see you any more. 2 Inches lost in almost every area…..BUHBYE!!! Happy to see you go!! 8.8lbs………..YOU’RE OUTTA HERE!!!! J

As you can tell I am very pleased with my results it shows that hard work does pay off and my Pals here on this site can vouch for me, that I stuck it out each day! I plan on doing Level 3 10 Days straight even if my legs are about to fall off. On my 7th Day of Level 3 I will be leaving for my trip to St.Maarten and don’t know how I am going to get my workout in. I know once I get settled in, I will not be up for a workout just getting adjusted to the heat, sweating bullets and running for the A/C is going to be enough of a challenge as is! LOL!!!. Is working out at 3am too early to be considered a real Day 7 workout? I have to be at the airport by 5:50 and it’s a 1.5hr drive. Ughh whatever, I’ll work it in somehow.

Saturday, I woke up early, did day22 Level 3 of the Shred, packed my snacks for our trip to NJ. We were getting our taxes done and I wanted to be prepared. Four hours later….yes you read that correct FOUR FREAK’N HOURS later, my snacks were done and my family and I were hungry something awful. We decided to get Taco Bell because, I had a craving for tacos. My husband was running late for work but, still wanted to stop. I didn’t! I drove all the way home with my hunger pains. Dropped him off at the house so, he could get ready for work and peeled out heading towards Aldis for some taco ingredients. I bought the Lean Turkey meat, used salsa sause, Mexican 4 cheeses and was tempted to put Non Fat Plain yogurt to supplement the sour cream but, didn’t I did without it and it was both delicious and filling. It was a nice change for the kids as well. I know they are tired of eating all the healthy stuff. LOL!!!

Yesterday, I had a little celebration for my sons 3rd Birthday. Being that we won’t be home on the weekend after his birthday so, I decided to invite a couple of friends over and we celebrated with pizza and cake. I did Day 23 Level 3 of the Shred and worked my upper body with strength training. I started the day off fine and just lost it, 4 slices of pizza and 2 slices of cake and had a bowl of cereal in the morning. BAD! BAD! BAD!!!!
I weighed in this morning and couldn’t believe the scale when it read 189.8bsI was so freak’n HAPPY. Losing 1.8lbs was more than I could ask for. I will take that any day over a lost. Oh and today I reached my half way mark and reached my February’s goal. YES!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I know what my Level 3 goals are being that I’ve been doing it for 4 day now!

My Level 3 Goals:

1-       Do the Plank Arm Pulls with Leg raises off knees.
2-      Finish it without stopping
3-      Do 1 set of walking push ups regular way
4-      Do all Advanced moves besides the ones below.

Modified Moves I’m sticking with:

1-      Double jump rope
2-      Jumping Lunges
3-      Mountain climbers

I will stick with the modified version of these moves because, they are killers on my knees and I have too much to accomplish to be getting hurt!
I will definitely do the Shred again. It has built my endurance up like no ones business. I’ve been riding the spin bike since Jan 4th 2010 and have always managed to keep my heart rate in the 80’s….now it’s been in the 70’s and I have been riding the same way. I have to go crazy fast to keep my heart rate in the 80’s.
While in St.Maarten I am going to be doing (3) 10 Min Trainers in a day mixed with swimming and Taebo. When I get back from my trip, my family and I are going to FL for a week. There I will be working out at the gym and when I get back from FL I will start INSANITY!!!!! I think I am ready for it….shoot I better be because that’s what I’m going to be doing when I get back from FL.
I know this entry is awfully long and I apologize for it but, I’m done for now! :D

Have a great Day & Keep on Pushing!!!!

3 comments:

M said...

You're doing great! You have such a positive attitude!

MissHaneefa said...

Hey just found your blog, way to go with the Shred, I did up to day 10 and then had to take a break, I am going to give it another go in the near future. When you get a chance come by and check out my blog www.blackgirlgetsfit@blogspot.com. Best of Luck!

Integrity Daily said...

Get it lady! Stay on track and the results will follow!
- ID