Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 5 of the Shred

I never realized what the importance of a schedule is or how dependent I've become to having structure in my life. I need to know the What, When, Where & Who's before I can actually commit to something. Yesterday, I had a half day and decided to use this time to clean the house, being that I work from home and all, why not right? ..... Wrong!!!! After cleaning the bathroom, kitchen, dusting and vacuuming I was exhausted!!!! My back was aching from all the standing and my knee started to hurt again. I peeked at the time and what do you know, it's 15 mins before I had to do my workout.


I do my workout during my 45min lunch break, well I have a schedule I follow when working. I eat lunch at 1:30pm which is on my 15 min break, take 2 Aleve after I eat (for the pain in my knees), I then ice them for 30mins while working. That way when 3:15pm comes around I am fueled, pain free and ready to go. Well, being off of my "schedule" at this point, I hadn't eaten lunch, taken my Aleve, iced my knees and NOT ready to go. So, multitasking kicked into over drive. I popped 2 Aleve, I sat on the floor with my back against the couch so, I could extend my legs. I plopped two ice packs on each knee, ate my salad and half of tuna sandwich and fed my son who was home with me all at the same time. Once I got that out of the way I bathed my son got him dressed and ready and put him down for a nap. My new found energy was once again depleted after that.


Anyway I pushed myself up the steps, dressed in my workout clothes, got my Heart Rate Monitor on and popped in Jillian Michael's 30Day Shred!!!! Oh...... My.... God! I got my butt served to me the 1st round, after that I came back with a vengeance. I kept up with Natalie, I did those Butt Kicks and Punches with force, got on the floor and banged out those sit ups, the strength moves... a piece of cake, I made sure my butt was sticking out far enough for the side lunges and finished up strong. After the cool down I went through doing another 2 mins of cardio to makeup for the 15secs I cheated my self during the second set of jumping jacks!!! Dripping with sweat and feeling damn proud for pushing myself, I ran to take a shower and finished getting the car packed for my drive to NJ for a business meeting! My protein shake in hand, body feeling that good hurt and beats turned up, I realized I really don't need to be on an "exact schedule" I just need to push myself and believe in myself and I will succeed!

No comments: